Biotage's patented Samplets are small, prepacked, sample-loading cartridges. They can be placed into a FLASH+ purification cartridge.
Samplets allow easy preparation of reaction-samples for FLASH+ purification. Simply adsorb the reaction mixture directly onto the Samplet, allow the solvent to evaporate, then insert the dried Samplet into the cartridge for purification. If the dissolution solvent is nonpolar (such as hexane or dichloromethane), simply apply the reaction mixture onto the Samplet and insert the wet Samplet into the cartridge.
This simple approach to sample preparation eliminates the time-consuming rotary evaporation method of adsorbing samples onto loose silica. Numerous Samplets can be prepared in parallel and therefore reduce total sample-preparation time.
- Reduce sample handling
- Eliminate rotary evaporation and sample concentration
- Allow simultaneous preparation of multiple samples
- Eliminate silica exposure
- Accommodate sample sizes from milligrams to grams
- Enhance performance
- Increase loading capacity
- Provide greater compound retention
- Create tighter elution bands
- Increase resolution
- Get fewer mixed fractions
- Improve compound purity
- Increase product yield
These methods allow samplets to function like guard columns, protecting the main cartridge from contamination and improving purification performance.
Techniques for Sample Loading with Samplets
For samples that require strong solvents, Samplets provide an alternative to traditional sample-adsorption with loose silica and rotary evaporation.
- Dissolve a sample in a small amount of strong solvent
- Apply the sample solution to a Samplet
- Evaporate the solvent in a fume hood, vacuum oven, or vacuum desiccator
- Insert the dried Samplet into a FLASH+™ cartridge
For samples soluble in the eluent or in a solvent weaker than the eluent
- Apply the dissolved sample to the Samplet
- Load the samplet into the purification cartridge without drying
Improved Sample-Loading Technique
- To the Samplet apply crude samples directly from the reaction vessel - no filtration required
- Evaporate solvent
- Insert Samplet into FLASH+ cartridge
- Perform purification