A rugged and portable laser based particle counter for checking and maintaining the quality of aviation fuel throughout the distribution network. Optimised for measuring particulate content in the range of 4µm(c) to >70µm(c) diameter in Aviation Jet Turbine Fuels (AvTur), avcount is also suitable for testing biofuels and biofuel blends, heating oil, gas oil, diesel - automotive and marine, gasoline and kerosines.
The AvCount uses the light obscuration principle, where the fluid under test is passed through a cell comprising a laser and a calibrated sensor. Particles in the fluid cast a shadow onto the sensor, which determines the area/diameter and number of particles in the sample.
Sampling and measurement is simple; fuel is drawn from a sample container or directly from the supply line. AvCount has a 10 bar standard pressure rating or can sample up to 315 bar line pressure using the optional pressure reducing system. An integral pump automatically draws the sample through an internal measuring chamber, removing the need for an external sampling pump.
avcount is fully automatic once the test sequence is started. The instrument flushes the cell with sample prior to commencing the measurements. A precise volume of sample is then analysed. The flushing/sample analysing sequences are automatically repeated in accordance with the selected test method.
Results are displayed on the LCD screen in real time and printed out on the integral printer as the test progresses. The results are shown for 6 particle size bands in Particles/ml and ISO Code. Results can be saved to memory for trend analysis of samples, printed out on the integral printer or downloaded to a PC or external printer. The "Log and Show" software option allows data to be downloaded from the instrument to a PC in different formats and allows the instrument to be fuly controlled and configured from any Windows interface.
- Designed for Laboratory or Portable use
- Advanced laser based analysis
- Particle size 4 µm to > 70µm, ISO 4406:1999 codes
- Fully automatic operation
- Precise and Reliable results
- Calibrated in accordance with ISO 11171
- Inlet hose connection fits standard 250ml sample bottle
- Battery operated, typical battery life of 4 hours
- Supplied with 2 sets of batteries and mains adaptor
- On site calibration/support via authorised service personnel
- DEF STAN 91-91 - Aviaton Fuel Specification IP 565 - Determination of the level of cleanliness of aviation turbine fuels - portable automatic particle counter method
- prEN 60970:2006 - Methods for counting and sizing particles in insulating liquids
- ASTM D7619 - Method for counting and sizing particles in light and middle distillate fuels, and liquid bio fuels, by automatic particle counter
- DEF STAN 91-86 - Turbine Fuel, Aviation Kerosine Type: High Flash Type
AvCount Particle Counter catalogue
AvCount Particle Counter brochure