The Setavap 2 automatic vapour pressure tester is used for the measurement of gasoline, solvents, light crude oils, and other similar products using the "Mini" method. Fully evacuated chamber technology guarantees that the sample is tested under a full vacuum, as required by the "Mini" test methods, unlike the expansion technologies that rely on moving pistons.
All functions are accessed via a two button keypad and a rotary control. The digital display leads the operator through the test sequence, displays the instrument status and the test results. An audible prompt is sounded when an action is required from the operator.
A sample is injected through a septum into a fixed volume chamber that is maintained at 37.8°C ±0.1°C. The vapour to liquid ratio is 4:1. The pressure is automatically measured at one minute intervals until three readings are within 0.1 kPa, which determines the end of the test.
Results can be displayed as total pressure (Ptot), dry vapour pressure equivalent (DVPE), EPA requirements, or Reid (crude) using pre-programmed correlation equations, and may be printed via the integral RS232 port and optional 81002-0 printer. A facility is included to allow two part tests (Pabs) to be conducted at 37.8°C.
All valve operations are automated including sample draining and chamber venting and purging. The valves utilise solvent resistant Kalrez seals. Calibration of temperature and pressure is automated and simple to carry out.
Supplied with: septum holder, waste container, mains lead and instruction manual.
- Rapid automatic vapour pressure testing
- Automatic drain and purge
- "Mini" method uses only 3ml sample size
- Selectable units - kPa or psi
- Results available as Ptot, DVPE, EPA, Crude, Pabs
- Audible and on-screen prompts
- RS232 interface
- Calibration and verification equipment available
- 'Seta Plus' Extended Warranty available
- 'Setaalert' remote monitoring compatible
Setavap 2 Vapour Pressure Tester brochure
- ASTM D5191 - Standard test method for vapor pressure of petroleum products (mini method)
- IP 394 - Liquid petroleum products - Vapour pressure - Part 1: Determination of air saturated vapour pressure (ASVP)
- EN 13016-1 - Air Saturated Vapour Pressure (ASVP) of Petroleum Products
- IP 481 - Determination of air saturated vapour pressure (ASVP) of crude oil
- EN 13016-2 - Absolute Vapour Pressure (AVP) of Gasoline at Temperatures between 40 and 100°C
- IP 409 (37.8°C) - Liquid petroleum products - Vapour pressure - Part 2: Determination of absolute vapour pressure (AVP) between 40 and 100°C
- Correlates with D323; D4953; D5482; D6378; IP 69; IP 402 (obs); ISO 3007; EN 12 (obs); JIS K2258; NF M07-079 - An automated instrument. Test pressure range 0-600kPa, temperature range from 25°C below ambient to 100°C